Remove the cashew from water and blend into paste with little water .
Now take heavy bottomed pan and add sugar , cashew paste and little water cook it on a low flame.
Stir continuously until soft lump forms then add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
Take a plate apply the ghee to it and them spread the mixture on the plate and then place silver foil on that .Then garnish with saffron and badam(almonds)
Cool it and cut into pieces .
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
[2 cups puffed rice,1 chopped onion,1 chopped tomato,1 chopped green chilli,1/3 tsp chilli pwd (optional),3 tbsp roasted peanuts,2 tbsp boiled chick peas,1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves,salt to taste,1 tbsp chopped mango ginger(optional)and 1 tsp lemon juice]
To the puffed rice add some finely chopped tomatoes, onions and green chillies or chilli pwd,coriander leaves,roasted peanuts,boiled chick peas,chopped mammidi allam (mango ginger- a excellent herb which is optional),salt and a dash of lime and mix it well.You can add boiled channa too. spicy pori is ready !
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium-size Onion
- 1½ tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1½ tsp Green Chilies
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Beans
- 3 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup Soya Granules
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana, boiled and mashed
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Place a pan over medium heat and put the oil in it.
- After the oil becomes hot, add onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until they turn brown.
- Stir in chilies and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except sesame seeds, to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Now, mash the mixture and make small, even balls from it.
- Flatten the balls and add sesame seeds on top.
- Heat oil in a pan, enough for frying, and fry the cutlets in it.
- Eat the cutlets with chutney, while they are still hot.
1. Brinjals - 6
2. Tamarind pulp - 3tsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil - 3tsp
Fenugreek powder(Menthi gunda):
1. Chana dal - 1tsp
2. Urad dal - 1tsp
3. Coriander seeds - 1tsp
4. Fenugreek seeds - 1tsp
5. Hing - 1/2tsp
6. Whole red chillies - 4
· 1. Heat 1 tsp of oil add chana dal,urad dal,coriander seeds,Hing,fenugreek seeds,redchillies in order , roast and grind them into a coarse powder.
· 2.Cut brinjals into bite size pieces and boil them in water by adding tamarind juice,turmeric and salt till the brinjal pieces are just soft enough.
· Remove for water , drain them and keep aside.
· 3.In a pan add 2 tsp of oil add brinjal pieces , sprinkle some salt and fry them till they are sligtly brown in color.
· Now to this add the ground powder and mix well and remove form stove.
· This goes well with hot plain rice.