1. Brinjals - 6
2. Tamarind pulp - 3tsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil - 3tsp
Fenugreek powder(Menthi gunda):
1. Chana dal - 1tsp
2. Urad dal - 1tsp
3. Coriander seeds - 1tsp
4. Fenugreek seeds - 1tsp
5. Hing - 1/2tsp
6. Whole red chillies - 4
· 1. Heat 1 tsp of oil add chana dal,urad dal,coriander seeds,Hing,fenugreek seeds,redchillies in order , roast and grind them into a coarse powder.
· 2.Cut brinjals into bite size pieces and boil them in water by adding tamarind juice,turmeric and salt till the brinjal pieces are just soft enough.
· Remove for water , drain them and keep aside.
· 3.In a pan add 2 tsp of oil add brinjal pieces , sprinkle some salt and fry them till they are sligtly brown in color.
· Now to this add the ground powder and mix well and remove form stove.
· This goes well with hot plain rice.