Remove the cashew from water and blend into paste with little water .
Now take heavy bottomed pan and add sugar , cashew paste and little water cook it on a low flame.
Stir continuously until soft lump forms then add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
Take a plate apply the ghee to it and them spread the mixture on the plate and then place silver foil on that .Then garnish with saffron and badam(almonds)
Cool it and cut into pieces .
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
[2 cups puffed rice,1 chopped onion,1 chopped tomato,1 chopped green chilli,1/3 tsp chilli pwd (optional),3 tbsp roasted peanuts,2 tbsp boiled chick peas,1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves,salt to taste,1 tbsp chopped mango ginger(optional)and 1 tsp lemon juice]
To the puffed rice add some finely chopped tomatoes, onions and green chillies or chilli pwd,coriander leaves,roasted peanuts,boiled chick peas,chopped mammidi allam (mango ginger- a excellent herb which is optional),salt and a dash of lime and mix it well.You can add boiled channa too. spicy pori is ready !
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium-size Onion
- 1½ tsp Finely Chopped Ginger
- 1½ tsp Green Chilies
- 1 cup Carrots
- 1 cup Beans
- 3 tbsp Fresh Chopped Coriander
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ cup Soya Granules
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana, boiled and mashed
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- ½ tsp Black Salt
- 1½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Place a pan over medium heat and put the oil in it.
- After the oil becomes hot, add onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook until they turn brown.
- Stir in chilies and carrots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients, except sesame seeds, to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool down a bit.
- Now, mash the mixture and make small, even balls from it.
- Flatten the balls and add sesame seeds on top.
- Heat oil in a pan, enough for frying, and fry the cutlets in it.
- Eat the cutlets with chutney, while they are still hot.
1. Brinjals - 6
2. Tamarind pulp - 3tsp
3. Turmeric powder - 1tsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil - 3tsp
Fenugreek powder(Menthi gunda):
1. Chana dal - 1tsp
2. Urad dal - 1tsp
3. Coriander seeds - 1tsp
4. Fenugreek seeds - 1tsp
5. Hing - 1/2tsp
6. Whole red chillies - 4
· 1. Heat 1 tsp of oil add chana dal,urad dal,coriander seeds,Hing,fenugreek seeds,redchillies in order , roast and grind them into a coarse powder.
· 2.Cut brinjals into bite size pieces and boil them in water by adding tamarind juice,turmeric and salt till the brinjal pieces are just soft enough.
· Remove for water , drain them and keep aside.
· 3.In a pan add 2 tsp of oil add brinjal pieces , sprinkle some salt and fry them till they are sligtly brown in color.
· Now to this add the ground powder and mix well and remove form stove.
· This goes well with hot plain rice.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
250 gms Paneer cubes
2-3 tbsp Oil for frying
For the marinade:
1/2 tbsp. Kashmiri mirch paste
1/2 tsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
3/4 tsp. black pepper powder
1/8 cup lemon juice
Salt to taste
For the batter:
4 tbsp flour
1 tsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
2 tsp. Kashmiri deghi mirch paste
1/4 tsp. fennel seeds
1/4 tsp. aniseed powder
1/4 tsp. all spice powder
2 tsp. chopped ginger
1 tsp. finely chopped green chilies
1 bunch of chopped coriander leaves
1.Cut paneer into cubes and keep it aside. 2.Mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate paneer in this paste for 1 hour. 3.Mix all ingredients for the batter. Add enough water so as to make a thick paste. 4.Heat oil in a fry pan. Dip the paneer cubes in the prepared batter and deep fry in hot oil golden crisp till done.
200 gms fresh paneer
For the Marinade 1 cup thick curd 1 tsp chilly and turmeric powder 1 tbsp ginger- garlic paste. 1 tbsp garam- masala powder. 1tsp lemon juice. Salt to taste. 2 medium capsicums chopped. 2 medium sized onions chopped. 3 cloves garlic finely chopped. A pinch of sugar. Coriander leaves for garnish
For the Roll: Whole wheat flour roti’s 1 Egg for smearing on top
Garnish: Mix together finely chopped onions, amchur powder and salt in a bowl
- Mix the ingredients for the marinate in a bowl keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan add oil
- Add onions and garlic to it, let it soften
- Add the capsicum and stir fry for 2-3 mins
- Add the marinate, salt and sugar and let it cook
- Finally add the paneer, and coriander leaves.
- Beat the egg in a bowl with a little salt and pepper
How to Proceed:
- Make a chapatti after it is ready smear a spoon full of beaten egg on top let it cook and then flip
- Garnish with above ingredients mentioned and serve hot with hari chutney.
Ingredient: 4 cups Refined flour(sieved) 1 full tbsp Baking powder 1/2 teaspoon Soda bicarbonate Salt to taste 2 teaspoons Sugar 1 Egg or Ghee 1 cup Milk 2 tbsp Yogurt Oil 2 tablespoons 2 tsp kalonji Butter as required
For the filling 2 cups grated paneer 3 tbsp Oil 2 tsp Cumin seeds 2 medium sized 3 chopped Green chillies 1/2 cup fresh Coriander and mint chutney Salt as per taste
- Add baking powder, soda bicarbonate and salt to the sieved flour in a deep bowl . Add sugar, egg, milk, yogurt and sufficient water and knead into a medium soft dough.
- Add some oil. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside for one hour.
- For the stuffing heat oil in a fry pan. Add cumin seeds anf fry till golden brown.Now add onions and green chillies and sauté on medium heat for a minute.
- Add Coriander and Mint Chutney and continue to sauté for another minute. Add grated paneer and salt, mix well and transfer onto a plate to cool. Divide into eight equal portions.
- Knead the dough again and divide it into eight equal portions. Make round balls and dust them with flour. Flatten each ball and shape them into four- inch discs.
- Place one portion of paneer mixture on the disc, gather the edges together and shape into a ball again. Sprinkle one fourth teaspoon of kalonji, press lightly and roll out into a seven-inch diameter disc using a rolling pin. Similarly make the remaining naans.
- Heat a pressure cooker. Rub a wet hand on one side of the naan, gently stick the dampened side to the inner wall of the pressure cooker. Apply enough water while sticking the naan.
- Place the cooker over the flame upside down so that the open end is towards the flame. Cook on high heat for two to three minutes then reduce the heat and cook for two to three minutes more.
- Straighten the cooker and gently dislodge the naan from the cooker wall.
- Cut into quarters and serve hot and brush with butter.
Paneer- 500 gms Peas- 200 gms 2 onions 3 tomatoes 2 tbsps garlic & ginger paste 2 tsps coriander powder 2 tsps garam masala 1/2 tsp turmeric powder 2 green chillies chopped fine 6 tbsps of oil 1 & 1/2 cups water Salt to taste 3 tbsps thickened/ double/ heavy cream
1. Grind the tomatoes and onions to makes a fine paste.
2. Now, shallow fry the paneer cubes till golden brown.
3. In a vessel stir fry the onion paste.
4. Now, add the tomato and ginger garlic paste to it as well.
5. Add the spices and choppen green chillies and continue stirring.
6. Add the peas and paneer to the mixture with some water and salt.
7. As the gravy thickens, put in the cream.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and your Mutter Paneer is ready to be served.
*200 gms Paneer *2 Large Onions *2 Tomatoes 1 tsp ginger & Garlic paste 2 Green chillies 1 tbls Cashewnut powder 1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp red chilly powder 1 tsp garam masala 2 Capsicums chopped Salt and butter to taste
1.Grind the onions and tomatoes to a thick paste.
2. Shallow fry the onions in oil and add the milk to it with some red chilly powder.
3. Now add the tomato puree and cashew nut powder to it and cook for some time.
4. Now add all the spices and put some water and allow it to boil.
5. Once the oil seaprates and the gravy becomes thick add some fenugreek leaves and keep aside.
6. Chop the capsicum and paneer into fine pieces and saute along with some onions.Add these sauted vegetables and Paneer to the gravy.
7. Your Paneer Butter Masala is ready to be served
How to Prepare
Mix atta(wheat flour) with water and tbsp of milk make a dough like chapati mix
For preparing stuffing mix take a pan and add 1/2 tsp oil and fry chopped onions and chillies fry until onions turn transparent then add grated panner , chills powder , garam masala and fry mixture for 2-3 minutes and cool it .
Now make 2 median size chapatis and spread the stuff on chapati and cover it another one . And stick the edges using oil or ghee and roll it lightly .
Take tawa heat it and now heat the parata with low flame until golden brown color .
Serve it with curd or some spicy chutney .